If sell, sell, sell has now become your mantra regarding your home and you’re having trouble getting serious buyers, it might be time to consider some easy and affordable staging ideas. Here are ten tips that might factor into you getting that much desired offer. Some require more effort than others, but in total they are very easy on the budget.
- Absurd as it may sound, your first task is to extensively clean every room from top to bottom. In short, make Mr. Clean proud!
- Assess which rooms could use a new coat of paint, and choose colors that are warm and inviting. Avoid colors that are too bold or dark. Hint: don’t make it feel like a cave!
- Rearrange your living room furniture in a non-conventional way, and maybe even remove the TV–just like those darned designers do. (I know, we’re all going, “Oh come on, get real, where is the TV?”)
- Remove ALL clutter from every room and put in a storage area that perspective buyers won’t see.
- Assess the lighting in the living room and master bedroom, if it seems gloomy; buy some affordable lamps at Wal-Mart.
- If you have old pillows on your couch, remove them and buy two that bring warmth into the room.
- Remove any wall art that is cute, family oriented, theme oriented, etc. (i.e., sports, animals, collectibles). After fresh paint goes on, the walls can either be left blank or have one large piece of art put on each one. Something that most people would find appealing, like flowers or scenery.
- Replace hardware on your kitchen cupboards if it’s old or looks dated.
- Remove all spider webs anywhere on the property, and if you have ants or other bugs, spray.
- Assess the curb appeal of your house as though you don’t live there. If there is anything in the yard that detracts from the look remove the items completely and put in storage. Here are just a few things that might be decorating (and I use the term loosely) the view: toys, tricycles, birdbaths that are officially “green with envy,” old broken gnomes, furniture that has seen better days, etc. Exchange those decorations for a few colorful plants.
Now it’s time to go make a list and roll-up-your-sleeves—let the work begin and the home sold!
Curious what your home might be worth? Have one of our agents provide you with your home value: Contact Us